Friday, April 2, 2010

create a new css rule

Hi

If I place my curser over a div tag in the code window why in the New Css rule
window, in the option ''choose where this rule will be defined'' do I sometimes only
have the option of this document only and others the choice of any attached css file?

thanks

Ian

create a new css rule

Not sure about your question but what I could make out is that you are asking if you can define a style in the document itself rather than creating it in external stylesheet file.

Well I believe you in DW CS4 and by default it asks you to create all your styles in an external css file only.

If you want to make style and define it on the page (either in the %26lt;head%26gt; tag) or inline using style='''' format then you have to do that manually.

So you have to hand code your style if you are defining it on the page.

But dont worry DW gives a very good code hinting help and u should be able to write your styles with ease.

Regards,

Vinay

create a new css rule

Also learn more about this on following link:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/10.0_Using/WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae 8d65-7e32a.html

Regards,

Vinay

Hi

perhaps I wasn't clear apologies.

If I go to a web page and place my curser in the middle of %26lt;div id=''masthead%26gt;

and then in the css styles panel select ''new css rule'' when the window opens by default

it normaly says:-

Rule definition...

Choose where your rule will be defined

and then it shows my current cssfile name with a drop downbox for any other
attatched sheets. As in the tabs at the top of the window

However some times when I do this the box listing my css files only lists in ''this document only''
and selecting the drop down box shows no other css files. But the css files are shown on the tabs
at the top opf the screen

I wondered if anyone had any idea as to why?

thanks

Ian

Hmmm...I have not see that issue..

If your page has the stylesheets properly linked and are shown as related files also on the top then they must come up in the drop down also.

Does it shows and unshows for same tag? I mean does the option of choosing a selet style appears and disapperars on the same?%26lt;div id=''masthead%26gt; tag?

Regards,

Vinay

Hi

seems to be intermittant just gone back into DW and now it's all working

weird, I'll try to watch how I make it happen

cheers

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment