Sunday, April 4, 2010

Old Homesite user needs some CS3...

Thanks for taking a look,

Well I finally got CS3 after using HS5.1 for the last 7 or 10 years! It is fantastic! So far so good though it is taking some getting used to...

I was hoping that someone could be so kind to help me with a couple things, I would be greatly appreciative to say the least.

First, How do I customize the toolbars? I was able to add things to all the toolbars before so was wondering if there's similar customizability in Dreamweaver. I saw a favorites tab but can I add the 12 or so buttons I use alot in there and then have that as the default tab on opening?

I used to select text and then (using a custom toolbar button/shortcut) click the div tag. I am not sure how to use the new one because it only has id or class and create new css style where I'm used to writing a style attribute/tag - (sorry if my nomenclature is off) in there myself.

I really like the new view as you go. How do you make it so when looking in design half or full the images are not in a 'selected' type state or does that mean something?

Lastly, I used to have a keyboard shortcut to do a number of things like blockquote and change case to upper or lower. I cannot find any of those! Where oh where (Brother Where Art Though) can they be?

Thanks again in advance for your help!

Old Homesite user needs some CS3...

Hello,

You can save a work space after setting it up or customising it to your needs: window %26gt; workpace layout %26gt; new workspace..

On the right side, open the panel for css styles (or under window). This panel has another window for properties under it and on the statusbar of that little panel is + sign. Click on it to make a new rule. You can also right click the last css rule and then click ''Edit'' to go in to the css selector/properties applet or you can opt to open the css file and write the rules directly..usually you will have a tab also for the css file at the top.

You can go to: http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/?span> ( click on products | select a title | play video )

Adobe does not leave you up the creek without a paddle!

zabberwan

Old Homesite user needs some CS3...

Thanks zabberwan, This will get me started.

And wow on the videos! I just spent about an hour and realized that all my skills have been canned now with this application!

Really robust and will make me life way easier. Now I can concentrate on SEO stuff instead of CSS and HTML...

No comments:

Post a Comment