Friday, April 2, 2010

Memory usage issue during live streaming

Hi

I developing an app, that streams live video content. The problem seems to be, that streaming data stucks, and fills the memory during changing channels, and navigating inside the app. After a while I receive ''Problem with content:1'' error message.

I normally create a Netstream and NetConnection after I do attachVideo() and stream starts. The problem, that after I goto into another frame the memory stucks.

I tried myVideo.close()

NetConnection .close();

and setting all vars null

Did I miss something?

In addition I use Flash Distributed Player 3.1 on a Nokia N86

Thanks the help in advance!

Memory usage issue during live streaming

Still lack of any idea.

If you are developing a streaming mobile app, it could be very annoying problem.

Memory usage issue during live streaming

Well it's clear that you have a memory leak in your code.?You should try to work out which objects are not being removed, or alternatively try and re-use them instead.

Sometimes I find that the sequence of using close() is important, and you may want to experiment with using both delete obj and obj=null.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment