Sunday, April 4, 2010

Progressbar for DataGrid

Hello,

I've got an air application with a datagrid, the information thats goes in the datagrid comes from an xml.

Sometimes it takes a while to load the information, but it doesn't tell you that the information is loading.

Now what I need is an progressbar for the datagrid, it needs to tell you that the data is loading and how much time is left (or % ).

The progressbar is already in place. I can't find the right answer, hopefully you can help me.

I'm getting the information with the HttpService and an XML (php) file on my server.

Progressbar for DataGrid

It depends on where the time is being spent. If the XML is coming from a server, there should be progress events available. If the XML is on the local disk, it might get loaded in one gulp and the parsing of the XML is where you're spending time. It is much harder to show progress there. See the pseudo-threading post on my blog.

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Developer

Adobe Systems Inc.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

No comments:

Post a Comment