Sunday, April 4, 2010

TCS2 with PhotoShop 64-bit and Captivate

I don't understand the logic. I bought TCS2 with PhotoShop CS4 64-bit (along with all the other stuff). I run on an XP Pro 64-bit OS through VMware. Why did Adobe bundle these applications together when Captivate cannot run under 64-bit? I keep crashing and dumping at critical times. And yet, I use/need PhotoShop 64-bit.

I understand now that Captivate is not advertised as working under 64-bit. So why did they include them in the same package? From the simpleton's view, one with the other implies that they run on the same platform.

A little miffed.

Shoshana Kleiman

TCS2 with PhotoShop 64-bit and Captivate

Just a question: did you install the update released end of May for Captivate 4? It resolves quite a lot of issues.

Lilybiri

TCS2 with PhotoShop 64-bit and Captivate

I fully agree. It's such a strange thing to include Captivate in a bundle with 64-bit programs when Captivate doesn't work on a 64-bit system.

As Lilybiri wrote the update will fix some issues, but not all. I am still not able to use Captivate 4 properly on my Vista 64-bit system. I can't record properly, I can't open projects with audio in many cases etc.

Another thing that annoys me is that Adobe didn't post information about this on the Captivate 4 system requirement page. It just says it's ''certified for 32-bit editions'', but not specifically that ''The product will not work on 64-bit editions''. I use many programs that are only certified for 32-bit but works perfectly on my 64-bit system. Actually in the 2闄?years I have been using my Vista 64-bit system I have only encountered one program that doesn't work and that's Captivate 4..

/Michael


Visit my Captivate blog with tips %26amp; tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment