Friday, April 2, 2010

Using Acrobat to create a PDF from .swf...

I'm trying to beef up a standard powerpoint presentation into something i could have more control over, and was considering Acrobat as it would (i hoped) allow me to import .swf files from Flash. In reading up on just how flexible acrobat is though, it doesn't really seem to have all of the functionality that i want - if anyone could offer feedback on the following, that would be great in terms of clearing up the queries that i have beforehand!

essentially, i want to create a PDF file which will open fulllscreen on any machine with no toolbars, windows, additional content in the window except my PDF content. So i would have a central shape/box, which would be white, on which i have text.

I want this to open centrescreen, fullscreen, with no acrobat reader branding / navigation visible at all. Similar to the way a powerpoint document would open, however - i don't want Adobe Reader to scale my PDF at all.

I've set my canvas in flash to 1024x768, and i would want Reader to display my file at exactly 1024x768 pixels, and not scale the document up to suit different monitors. So in a way, utilising something like you could with a Flash projector file where you could set the fullscreen's ''allowscale'' function to ''false'' (keeping the document at exactly 100%) and the actual fullscreen call itself to ''true'' (display the document in fullscreen mode, taking over your entire monitor).

Also, i would want to specify a 'background', which is simple in flash as i can just create an oversized movie clip with whatever i want to appear in the background, and this will cover any excess area in monitors that exceed my canvas size. (So i usually create a movie clip of an image or gradient for the background that measures 2600 x 1600 pixels). Will acrobat be able to render this correctly, or is it just going to display the actual canvas size and exclude my oversized 'background' movie clip? If i use my 1024 x 768 canvas, will it clip the big background movie clip to fit?

Thanks folks... bit long winded but i just wanted to make sure i've covered the bases!

  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment