Sunday, April 4, 2010

Style sheeps and the drop caps

Here it is :

I would like to be able to create a style sheet that enables me to have the first letter in my text bloc to be a a drop cap of a different font, size, kerning and colour than the rest of the text in the bloc (see pic hereunder). What I don't want is for this to be applied to anything other than the first letter in the bloc, irrrespective of how many paragraphs there are in the bloc. In other words I do not want this style to be applied to the first letter of each successive paragraph in my bloc.

Simple question, but I'll be damned if I can do it.

Any light shed would be most helpful.

TBAG

Style sheeps and the drop caps

Firstly create a new Character Style with the font, colour etc. that you want to use.

When you Edit your Paragraph Style go to the Drop Caps section of the dialog box.

Set your drop caps the amount of lines and characters and choose the character style that you just created.

Style sheeps and the drop caps

You have to create a specific paragraph style with a drop cap and another for the rest of your text.

You can based the first one (with the drop cap) on the second. So if you make any changes in the second they will also affect the first pargarph style. So no big deal.

Also use caracter style for your drop cap.

You can use also the feature ''next style'': in the paragraph style with the drop cap choose the name of the second in the ''next style'' pop-up.

If you select all your text and make a right-click you can choose to ''apply this paragraph style and next''. In one click you will format all your text閳?/p>

Thanks guys, let me play around %26amp; see what happens. I'll be right back with the verdict.

Perfect reply, detailed, to the point, and 100% accurate.

I'd been faffing with this for too long.

THANK YOU !

No comments:

Post a Comment